Thursday, June 26, 2014

June Sewing with Sandy

Hey, look at this….it’s still June and I’m posting our progress.  Woo Hoo!

Sandy and I always have our “show ‘n tell” at our Woolies group which meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays.   Yesterday was the deadline for getting our projects done.   We both managed to get everything done!  

Sandy picked all the projects for this month. 

Here goes!

First up is the Buttermilk Basin mats, “By thy hands BOM”

This one is Sandy’s

IMG_1942

And this is mine.

IMG_1957

We are continuing making projects from the “101 Fabulous Small Quilts” book.   This one is called “Native American Quilt”.   

Sandy’s….

IMG_1941

Mine…

IMG_1960

The stitchery project she chose for us is by Chestnut Junction called, “Sunflowers 4 Sale”. 

Sandy chose to make hers into a pillow. 

IMG_1939

The first one I made was all in wool. 

IMG_1958

Then I remembered it was supposed to be our stitchery project, so I made another one.

IMG_1959

We are still making Christmas projects, so this next one is by Farmhouse Threads called, “Sugar and Spice”.

We both stuck to the pattern colors.   This one is Sandy’s.

IMG_1943

And mine…

IMG_1963

Another Buttermilk Basin project chosen was the “Seasonal Fall Runner”. 

Sandy’s…

IMG_1940

and mine…

Jack decided he needed to get in the picture.

IMG_1964

Ahhh, now you can see the flag and crow. LOL.

IMG_1965

This next project was supposed to be a May project, but Sandy completely forgot about it, so it carried over to June.

The pattern is by Primitive Pieces by Lynda called, “Rudolph”.

It’s only 7” x 8”, so you can turn it into all sorts of finished projects. 

Sandy chose to do some little pillows.

IMG_1944

And I thought of little wall hangings. 

IMG_1968

And last up is a freebie project from May Britt of Abyquilt.blogspot.com.   It’s the 2011 Christmas Heart.   If you make it, be sure and reference it back to her. 

Sandy made this darling little bag and filled it with berries and greens. Isn’t it darling?   Wish I had thought of that.

IMG_1945

I did a little wall hanging. (I also made a pillow, but it’s not stuffed yet, so technically, I guess, it’s not finished. LOL)

DSCN0324

So, that’s it for June.  The next couple of months will have fewer projects because we both realize our limits when it comes to summer.   But…we are still committed to continuing our challenge. 

If I’m not back before the 4th, have a wonderful holiday.  Stay safe tho. 

Hugs, Anne

19 comments:

paulette said...

Once again you two have OUT DONE yourselves!! Gorgeous projects, ALL of them! Man, I get tired just scrolling down! But now I need another look...just to savor!
Have a wonderful holiday!
P

Janet O. said...

I always get so excited when I see these posts in my blog roll, and I am never disappointed. I am also ALWAYS flabbergasted by all of the projects you two complete in a month--and they are all wonderful. I just find myself smiling, ahhing, and chuckling at the fun and delightful projects you two churn out!
I'm with Paulette--I have to go back and look again!!

Bev said...

That is SO COOL! I would love to have the time to do that with someone. Wow! WTG! XO

Karen said...

Wow! You got a lot done in June and so many adorable items to decorate your home. You are keeping Buttermilk Basin in business with doing so many of her patterns. Each month, I want to order almost every pattern you have used!

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Anne -- just WOW! Your projects are all stunning. Love the choices and the workmanship is amazing. Thanks for sharing with us!

Karen

Darlene said...

I was so excited when I saw your post for June was up. Did a little happy dance in my living room. LOL

Once again you and Sandy have amazed me. Beautiful and delightful projects. I love Gingerbread Men (aka G-Men) so you can guess which project was my favorite. :-)

Loris said...

Sweet! such fun projects and lovely work :-)

Florida Farm Girl said...

I can't believe you two turn out that many projects in a month. Do you ever do anything else??? I know you do, of course, but its amazing to see all your goodies.

Oh, I'm working on my first wool piece right now.

marguerittechiffons said...

Tout est adorable .

WoolenSails said...

You have both been very busy, so many wonderful projects and beautifully done.

Debbie

Hogan's Adventure said...

Amazing, you two definately are that.....you are moving right along through the year and each month EVERYTHING IS ADORABLE!!! Hmmmm...I see 4 reindeer projects...let's see December is a very special time for your 4 California friends :)

xoxoxo

Jeanna said...

That is a lot of projects! They all look so nice, I can't pick a favorite!

Marisa said...

Muy bellos trabajos . PAZ Y AMOR

Wendy said...

You both are very inspirational. I enjoyed seeing each project and like the others will go back to look again and again. Thanks for sharing.

Bari Jo said...

Love seeing all your projects! And I like the free heart pattern you guys made - but I can't seem to get access to the freebie from the link. Any ideas where else we might be able to access it? Would like to make some pouches for Christmas gifts. Thanks for all the inspiration!!!!! kbmoore516@comcast.net

Kindred Quilts said...

I love seeing the monthly projects you and Sandy make! June was very productive... Love the woolies!

Joan said...

Love your blog, love your projects, loved seeing you, love you...♥♥♥ :)

Maggey and Jim said...

Wow, wow, all I can say. Loved them all. Where did you get black frame, just makes the piece pop.
Thanks for sharing. Lots of nice work.
Maggey

Ruth said...

I LOVE all your projects! They are just adorable and I want to make them too -- uh, oh, I already have lots of things to do. Maybe I'll pick one, but I don't know which one. Decisions, decisions!