Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Comfort and Joy #5

I can't believe it's already the end of August.   Where is the time going?    When we started this Block of the Month project, Christmas seemed so far away.   Now we will all be scrambling to get this one finished and quilted in time for the holidays.    There are only 3 blocks remaining plus the borders, so if we get these done quicker than one per month, we can easily have it finished in time....right ladies?   :)

Here's Sandy's version.   Since she had added candy canes to the previous month's block, she switched them out in the stocking and added stars instead. And....since she had stars in the stocking, she decided to change the top block to an ornament.  Oh that Sandy...always changing things up!



And here's mine.    All of my applique is done with wool on a cotton background.  


Here are all 5 blocks put together.  I think this quilt design is so darn cute.    


Now go on over and visit all the other bloggers who have joined in on our quilt-a-long.  

Karen, Sharon, Kim, Kaaren, Karen, Diane, Nadine and Carrie.  

If you get to their blog and find they haven't posted,  it's because many of them "scheduled" their posts to show up while they are away on fun trips.   They weren't very confident that it was going to work.   Ah, technology!

I thought I'd share some pictures of our backyard.   There was no landscaping when we moved in and we are slowly adding plants.   I really wanted colorful flowers, so we've been going to the nursery every month and buying whatever is blooming at the time.  Right now we have a beautiful array of blooms.   It's going to take us awhile to get it completed but we're having fun shopping.






I promise to get those pictures of Temecula Quilt Company's shop posted really soon!

Hugs, Anne

12 comments:

Rouge Cerise said...

Beautiful pictures, colors and colors! Enjoy the end of summer.

Me and My Stitches said...

Comfort & Joy is looking so great! Wish I was playing along on this one. Your flowers are beautiful!

Diane said...

Love both blocks, Sandy is a genius with her improvements! Thanks so much for hosting this!!!

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Your Christmas Quilt is darling! You sure do get a lot done! Love the tall fox flower in pink that you showed...one of my favorites. I brought some from my home in Ohio to my home in Iowa, but it does not like it here...I do miss those blooms! Thanks for sharing yours!

paulette said...

Anne, you are one busy quilter!! Love the way you are using wool in this quilt...those blocks just sing!!
P

Bev said...

Ahhh--beautiful flowers and beautiful quilt blocks! I almost joined in on that quilt but have sadly succumbed to 6, yes, I know it's crazy, 6 new projects. So much for my firm resolve on finishing ufo's....I'm weak I tell ya....weak.

Thanks for sharing your flowers and quilt block! Have a great day!

Cheery wave from Bev

http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

Yvette said...

Your version of the block is adorable! I just love this with the wool.

Your garden is beautiful! You have a green thumb too!

merumo said...

Fabulous! Love all the blocks and of course putting altogether looks so nice and fun :)

Sharon said...

Love it!! You won't believe it, well you might, I got my applique part all done on last month and this months blocks but didn't finish the piecing part. I'll get it blogged tomorrow. Promise!!!!
Love all of your flowers too. It's so dry here our stuff has just croaked! We've even lost a few trees. So sad.

JudyCinNC said...

Love your blocks, just beautiful - reminds me of the Folk Art Fushion that Michelle is doing over at RaspberryRabbits.com - love combining the piecing with the wool. Judy C

MARCIE said...

Really darling quilt, and great flowers from your garden!

Marisa said...

Que lindo es todo .PAZ Y AMOR