Saturday, July 28, 2012

Comfort and Joy #4

Yep, it’s that time again….time to post our progress on this darling quilt.  

Here’s Sandy’s block:

100_6004

And here’s mine:

DSC_0468

This is our progress so far:

DSC_0469

Funny story…  We were in the San Diego area last week for a wedding.   We actually arrived a day early to do some quilt shop hopping.   (Mr. CnW is really great about driving me all over creation to visit new shops.)   

One of the shops that was high on my list was Fat Quarters Quilt Shop in Vista, Calif.   I was wandering all over the shop and happened to go in the classroom to see the quilts being taught.    Well, what did I happen to see?   This….

100_5936

How fun is that?   Then….a quilter walked in and started putting her blocks on a design wall and guess what?  It was Julie Isa, the teacher of the class. The class was actually meeting that day.   I introduced myself to Julie and she told me that she has also been posting her progress on her blog, Tattered Threads and Willing Hands.  She decided to change up the look of the quilt by using “Jan Patekey” fabrics.  (as she called them).  I love the look of hers.

100_5938

The ladies in the class are so lucky to have Julie for a teacher.  She was so much fun to chat with. 

Head on over to see what the other bloggers have managed to get done.

Karen, Sharon, Kim, Kaaren, Karen B, Diane, Nadine, and Carrie.

I took a lot of pictures of the shops I visited so will try to get them posted soon.  

Hugs, Anne

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't the C&J quilt at Fat Quarters amazing? We were down there a couple weeks ago and I visited it again and took a few pictures. I believe it's the actual quilt from the pattern, she gets a lot of quilts on loan, LOTS of Cheri Payne ones too. That is my favorite shop. Good thing I don't live closer I'd be there every weekend.

paulette said...

Ohhhhh I LOVE this quilt!! At the rate you're going, it will be ready and waiting for Christmas!! And I love this shop!! Can't wait to see the pics!
P

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

How fun is that, Anne, I love the picture and Julie's santa is darling.
I am in Omaha for the boy's birthday so my post will be late. :))

Darlene said...

Adorable blocks, Anne. I'm regretting not participating :-(

And, you got to meet Julie - she's such a sweetie.

Nancy said...

Love the quilt and wish I could have participated. Hubby now on disability after being out of work since Nov. 2010, so had to make some sacrifices to get through this. Promised I would quilt from my stash and not buy more patterns...arghhh.
Enjoying seeing all the beautiful blocks!

Anna said...

I love them and wish I could add this to my BOM list but I refuse to be an OCTOquilter!

Kim said...

Isn't it fun to see what everyone is doing? Thanks for organizing us, Anne. I want to finish mine today and post a photo of the whole thing tonight; but I have a big birthday party to attend today, so I'll have to wait and see how much time I have.

Diane said...

How fun that you got to see not one but TWO versions of Comfort and Joy! Your block is wonderful as usual, thanks so much for keeping this going! I am really enjoying seeing everyone's progress!

Carrie P. said...

It really is a cute quilt. I am enjoying the progress of each one.

Yvette said...

I love your blocks, they are so adorable. Fat Quarters is the shop I get my BOM from for this quilt. Isn't that a great place?

Sharon said...

Love your block Anne. I'm sorry I didnt get mine done. I promise to do that and the one for this month and be on time. LOLOL I PROMISE!!

Unknown said...

Anne. It was GREAT fun to meet you in person. When I get my act together, I'm going to send you pictures of our blocks. Summer has got the best of me! Hope to see you again!
Take care!

Alba-mà said...

Hoy, paseando por los blogs he encontrado el tuyo y me ha gustado mucho. A partir de ahora te iré siguendo.
Besos !!!!