Sunday, March 25, 2012

I Spy

We went to Seattle a couple of weeks ago and I took a couple of fun things up for Emma and Mason.
  
This is my version of an I Spy quilt.   No way was I going to make the traditional version with all those angles.  LOL

DSC_1103

If you enlarge the photo, you can see their names within the letters. I also had the quilter put their names in the border.

DSC_1104

DSC_1106

They loved searching for all the fun things on it.

DSC_0045

DSC_0039

It was really fun gathering all the fabrics to make it.   Got some great ones from swaps with friends. 
 
Hugs, Anne

10 comments:

antique quilter said...

oh I just love this and love the names quilted into the border, how fun! Making an ispy quilt is on my list to do someday, I like your version :)
I also want to do an alphabet quilt guess I had better start collecting fun fabrics
thanks for sharing
Kathie

Carol said...

What a fun, fun quilt! Oh I love how she quilted their names in there...It's just wonderful Anne!

Lori said...

Very sweet! I'm sure they loved it!

Anonymous said...

Gosh darn sweet...someday...I keep saying someday I too will get some grandbabies and do all these FUN little things with them!! Your so blessed!!! It makes it even more special that they can read their names too!!

Gayle said...

I made an I Spy quilt for my grandkids awhile ago too - but I used the template that has six sides - it really wasn't TOO bad! Yours turned out really cute!

carol fun said...

What a wonderful quilt! I love I Spy ones - I've made a couple back when everyone was doing them with hexagon shaped pieces. They weren't that hard to sew up and I love going through all my novelty fabrics to find just the right piece. You've made a quilt that is going to be a special one for a long long time!

Beth said...

What an adorable quilt. Love the names quilted into it.

Carrie P. said...

Sweet! that is such a cute photo of the kids spying.

Anna said...

It doesn't take all those triangles to make a good time, does it!

Randy D. said...

I love that quilt. I started an ispy quilt years ago, still in the UFO pile. This looks like a great alternative...And maybe would be a great donation quilt for an auction!! Thanks for the idea.