Sunday, February 19, 2012

Some painting

Around 25 years ago, my father made us this corner cabinet.   I love it and the fact that he made it makes it all that more special.
Latest projects 018
After moving into the new house, Mr. CnW and I both felt it needed “something”.  So, last week, we emptied it out and Mr. CnW painted it.
DSC_1095
I love the way it looks now.  It feels like it’s always been black and belongs in the room.  
DSC_1092
I took these pictures without a flash for a couple of reasons.   #1.  To show you how dark the room is.   #2. To compare it with what it’s going to look like after we have 2 Solatubes put in this week.
 
The dining room is in the center of the house and is “landlocked”, meaning, it has no windows.   The darkness has been driving me crazy because I like lots of light coming in.    So….I’ll be sure and take pictures of the “after” later in the week so we can contrast and compare.  (That sounds like we’re taking an essay test…LOL)
Hugs, Anne

19 comments:

Farmhouse Woolens - The Primitive Thread said...

Loving it Anne and it looks perfect in the dining room. Mr CnW looks like he's on Lets Make A Deal and showing you what you won. Btw, life is perfect here on the island :)

Hugs Karen

Florence said...

it looks great, matches the kitchen perfectly,,,,travertine and all,,,,,,,,,great job mr mnb(?)spelling

antique quilter said...

I agree looks like it was meant to be black looks great! Hope the room is full of light soon!

Sandy F said...

I love how that cabinet looks now. Perfect. See ya later

Nancy in WI said...

Your cabinet turned out great!

Anna said...

the room looks wonderful and I can't wait to see it after the solar tubes!

Quilt n Queen said...

Luv it Anne....I would have been afraid to paint it black....I luv it now...

Lori said...

It is amazing how a bit of paint can change furniture so dramatically! It is gorgeous!!
I'm curious to know what solatubes are.

Nadine said...

Looks fantabulous....now go to my house and have at it!

Michelle said...

Looks great!!!

Loris said...

Love the new look of the corner cabinet. It's beautiful!
Can't wait to see how the solar tubes change the light for you. We need something like that in our house though I can't figure out how they would put them in.

Marijke said...

It's look like new and your crockery shows well in it!
My living room is on the north so I missed also light begin of april the sun comes to the garden and then it will be come lighter in my room... I wish it was april LOL!
groetjes Marijke

Wendy said...

Love the cabinet in the dining room and the new paint is really great. You will love the new solar tubes, we had 4 installed, what a difference they make.
Wendy

Shelley said...

I agree...it looks like it was always meant to be black!! I love black furniture...it's always "in" and can go from modern to country! so, how much does your hubby charge again lol!

Candace said...

Mr. CnW did a fantastic job, Anne! What a difference a change of color makes! I'll be watching closely for the after photos - I may be putting a Solatube in my studio!
Cheers!

Verna G said...

I was horrified when i read that you were going to paint it but it is beautiful. WHat a wonderful transition

Anonymous said...

Anne,
Thank you for posting pictures of your Folk Art Blooms Buggy Barn quilt -- it's wonderful -- I was inspired by your quilt and bought the pattern -- only 2 blocks done so far -- I hope you will post pictures of this beauty when the quilting magic has been done.
Diane in Illinois

Marisa said...

Me encanta tu blog ,es una maravilla gracias por compartirlo

Linda said...

Yes I agree that is is now a standout piece. Some wood needs to be painted.