Thursday, January 15, 2009

One for the money, two for...

ME! Well, actually, one isn't really for the money, it's been for a gift, but the second one really is for me. I've started making myself one of whatever I make for a gift.

So, I know you've seen this quilt before, but you really haven't seen THIS quilt before because I just finished quilting it for myself. I made 2 of these during my "power sewing" days before Thanksgiving and gave one to Patty for Christmas. I was her Secret Santa. I never had time to quilt the one for me, so....now it's done and it's mine...all mine!

Here's another little one that I made 2 of. I gave the other one to my friend Janet (aka Myrtle) for her birthday last year. I quilted mine this week. I really don't like the quilting process, but I refuse to pay a $40 minimum fee on a quilt that only measures 15" x 15". I also figure these little guys are perfect for practicing on. Maybe the practice will make me start to enjoy quilting. Probably not, but it's a good thought anyway! This one is my own pattern.

Here's the same setting and I thought it would look cute in some brighter fabrics, maybe for Valentine's day. I'm not sure I'm liking the white background, so I might opt for red. Hmm, maybe I should make TWO!
Here's another little one that I made. They really are fun since they are so quick and easy. I must be into "quick and easy" lately!

23 comments:

basketsnprims said...

OOh, I love them all. Awesome work.

Pam

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Just beautiful...great to make two of them:)
Rondell

Kathy said...

Those are really pretty and what a great to make 2 at a time!

Pat said...

Love them all. The first one is my favorite. Love the applique. I think your idea of making two is great. I just might try that!

Anonymous said...

My friend made me the same one you gave Patty....I love it! I'm with you....if you love it enough for a gift than make one for us too. I've done that already this year...I've got that little quilt in the mail to a somebody (can't say just yet) but did keep the other for me. It is mine all mine!

I'd help get your little ones quilted....too bad we didn't live closer!

Sandy said...

I LOVE them all!!!
Great work...I wish I could quilt, it makes me nervous to and I don't know why.

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love little quilts. Quick and easy is good and much easier to make 2 of them. I noticed your grater with bow and cinnamon sticks on the little quilt. Cute.

Anonymous said...

I don't think my last comment went through. As I was saying, I'd be glad to take any extras off your hands!

Quiltdolls said...

I really love the 1st picture is it a certain pattern?

kim
knaylor@san.rr.com

Sew Create It - Jane said...

They all look so lovely! I want to make a collection of small quilts to put on the wall...though I think my DH might thing I'm trying to make it look like the funny farm...what with padded walls and all! :o)

Karen said...

You know I love them all and I think you did a great job on quilting them. Someday that first one you showed will get made by me. I love that pattern.

Hugs- Karen

Carol said...

Love all your little ones...cute as can be. And you are so brave to quilt them yourself...I'm petrified to quilt my own.

Karen said...

I salute you for making two of all of those. I dislike making two but find myself doing it more often. Some pieces are so hard to give away because I like them so well. The first one pictured in this post is my favorite. Don't you think you could make three of something? LOL!

MARCIE said...

Your little quilts are great! I am so with you on machine quilting. I can do simple quilting on small quilts, but I really need to learn to do more. Good for you for getting them completed for yourself!

Darlene said...

Very, very sweet!

Anonymous said...

They are all gorgeous! You do beautiful work and making two is a great idea! If you ever decide you want to make three . . . . . well, I could, um, help you out with distribution of the third one. LOL Have a great weekend!

Candace said...

What darling little quilts, Anne! Oh...and send me those red blocks - they would look terrific on my Winter Wonderland, hee, hee!
Cheers!

Janet said...

I like all of your small quilts but especially the first one - what lovely applique.

Anonymous said...

Your little quilts are Sooo cute, what a great idea to make one as a gift & one for yourself.
I have fallen in love with the Bunny Hill Design, A Tisket, A Tasket, especially after seeing your version done in wool. So I have decided to do mine in wool & felt, with flannel as the background (thanks for the tip on using flannel)
Here in Australia woven wool is not readily available in our patchwork shops. I have sourced some from a shop interstate and I have also bought 2 wool jackets from a second hand shop to cut up for the project. from Jenny (Melbourne)

Christine said...

Your little quilts are fabulous. You have a great blog.
Christine in Tasmania

Carrie P. said...

Love all your little quilts.

Cara said...

WOW! Love your little quilts! Your friends are very lucky recipients! I especially love he Kim Diehl one- it is on my list of things to do out her book!

Anonymous said...

what a great idea. Don't you just love Kim Diehl quilts? I have made several. She came to our guild and did a trunk show and the quilts were even nicer in person