Sunday, November 9, 2008

Shopping in PJ's

And I don't mean on the internet!

Yesterday The Stitchin Post , home of the Sister's Outdoor Quilt Show, had their annual Pajama Sale. The earlier you get there, the bigger the discount, and if you are wearing your PJ's, you get an extra 5% off.


Obviously, lots of people thought it was worth their while to wear theirs.

Here are Valori and Jean, owners of the shop. Such good sports to let me take their picture. They had both been there since before 6am. Ouch!

And here's my loot. The red floral in the upper left is what I'm going to use to make a tent for Emma for Christmas. Wish me luck!
Since I was up and out of the house so early, I thought I should go to the Fairgrounds to a Christmas Boutique.
Saw lots of signs...

Snowmen...

Santas...and
Angels. Did I buy anything? Hmmmm, it's a secret!
Then, since I was at the fairgrounds and close to my favorite antique mall, I decided to head on over there.
It's in an old railroad station.
The "porch" is usually filled with fun things. Not so much yesterday. Did I buy anything? Well, funny you should ask. While I was at Market, a little gift bag appeared out of no where in the booth. I thought I might have an inkling of who it was from, and since I'm not the type to wait to open something, I tore into it. Look what was in it. These darling little pillows from Karen. I had mentioned to her that she needs to write a pattern for them and I'd be the first in line to buy it. Well, she made me some. Isn't that just the sweetest thing? I'm still after her to make up patterns to sell on her wonderful website, Farm House Woolens. I think I may have convinced her. Yea! (get back in the sewing cave, Karen) :)

Since I didn't have anything cute to put them in, I bought this Amish scoop at the antique mall.
And here's how they look. Cute huh? Thanks Karen!
And here's my latest obsession. I'm going in circles! Any suggestions on what I should do with them?

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make mini pincushions or put several together & make a big one. make a wool bag/tote & put them on the outside.
knaylor@san.rr.com

kim naylor

Kathy said...

You could use the little pennies for a rug (of course), or to embellish a sweatshirt jacket. Or, you could use them as the centers for flowers (using wool petals) on a quilt border or in quilt blocks.

basketsnprims said...

What a hoot ~ everyone shopping in their pjs. I love that Amish scoop you bought.

Pam

Judy said...

Here's an idea...lay them out, tack them together right where they touch and make a lovely table top runner!

Carol said...

What a fun, fun day!

Carrie P. said...

Oh boy! you all are pretty brave to go out in your p.j.s. Look like you had a fun day.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

You were a shopping fool werent you? LOL!!! I did not say FOOL I said shopping fool. There is a difference. LOLOL!! Love the Amish scoop and of course your little pillows from Miss Farmhouse herself.
You could sew all your circles together and make a banner/swag. A long one and hang it somewhere.

Anonymous said...

We have all fallen in love with the pillows by now. Hope we get to find them in kit form someday.
I like the idea of using the wool circles for embellishing a sweatshirt perhaps...The Amish scoop is fabulous..what a perfect place for them. Did you really do all this shopping in your jammie?
What fun! Louise

Karen said...

Great job with little red. Looks like you did a pretty good job making that discount work for you at the quilt shop. Great fabric for the tent and I love that scoop. Ok I'm heading to the cave real soon, LOL. I've got wool and silk to cut, to get into the mail, LOL

Hugs - Karen

Sipiweske Quilts said...

You had a very busy day! Also very productive by the looks of it, not to mention a bunch of fun as well. - Marlene

antique quilter said...

wow what a day you had! Love those snowmen! oh I would have been in so much trouble shopping along with you, I would have wanted to buy most of it!
what fun a PJ day, yes I would have been there when they opened in my pj's too!
Kathie

MARCIE said...

Love those little fall pillows. I just saw them on Karen's blog. The scoop you bought is perfect for them! That boutique looks great! I haven't been to one is so long! And did I miss the pic of YOU in pjs?

Amy DeCesare said...

Do you happen to have an AP&Q calendar for this year, or know someone who does? This month's feature is a bunch of those circles laid out in an awesome wreath! It's framed, but the quilt tester did another as a wall hanging. The designer's name is Gwen Sinclair.

PamKittyMorning said...

Love the scoop with the pillows. Very fun.Good photos, now did you go everywhere in your jammies?

Sherry said...

I saw those little pillows over on Karen's site. They are just too cute! Shopping in your pj's...just like shopping at home! :)

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love the shopping in the pj's idea, looks like so much fun!

The Amish scoop with those great pillows are just so prim looking I'm sure you are enjoying them:) What a great jbc gift from Karen:)
Rondell

Thimbleanna said...

So, the real question is...did you do the rest of your shopping in your jammies??? Love that little Amish scoop -- it's adorable with Karen's little pillows in it!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like alot of fun.

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Anne,

Like your choices from the PJ sale, stocking up and cute tent fabric for Emma. Snowflake and Farmer's Coop were the perfect way to round out the day. A Pillow or Christmas stocking would be fun for your pennies. I also like the purse idea mentioned.

Candace said...

Hi Anne, I made a vest using the the wool "pennies" once - gave it to a friend for her 50th birthday! I still have the pattern - will email you later with the name of it. Doesn't Karen make just the cutest woolie projects! Your scoop couldn't be more perfect for the little pillows! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

My goodness.....hope your wore your best PJ's! How fun of a day you had and I'm envious you got cute little pillows from Karen. The scoop is absolutely perfect and right up my alley! Love that! After seeing your little pennies I'm thinking I should make me a bunch.....so I'm ready to follow suit on "whatever" adorable you make!!

Anonymous said...

What a great day you had! Love the photos.

Anonymous said...

this looks like pure fun, would love to have events like that overhere

I've seen that you bought bamboo batting, did you already use that, would love to know how it is

hugs from very far away

by the way, will add your blog to my faves

Becky said...

oh I adore that Amish scoop, so much you could do with that...serve your biscuits in it, wrapped in a pretty embellished towel, or serve cupcakes in it, fill it with nuts and set it on your coffee table, fill it with Christmas ornaments or Easter eggs, or your Halloween candy, use it on your dresser to hold costume jewelry, keep it near you filled with yarns and crochet hooks or knitting needles, fill it with all your applique supplies and keep it near your favorite chair, fill it with socks, all your pretty colorful ones, fill it with dried hydrangeas and put it on your dining table or a breakfront or a table, put your napkins in it on your dining table, or oh gosh...oh my a million ideas for that find! I loved it, enjoyed reading about your great pj caper! I'm jetlagging so enjoying blogs to keep me occupied as I'm not worth much otherwise at the moment, so perfect time to enjoy all these wonderful blogs...I call them OPB'S...translated Other Peoples Blogs, they are all do delightful, I have much to learn yet on my own...but it is keeping me temporarily happy at least. You are blessed to have such enchanting friends!